John Paul Jones Arena Entry Procedures and Bag Policy
Screening procedures are used at all entry gates to John Paul Jones Arena. Walk-through and hand wand metal detectors are the primary means of screening. For guests who are unable to utilize a walk-through metal detector, hand-held metal detectors will be used.
• Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and cannot exceed 12" x 6" x 12" or clear one-gallon plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar) are also permitted.
• Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand and no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (with or without a handle or strap) can be taken into the stadium or arena and will be subject to search.
• An exception will be made for items necessary for medical reasons after proper inspections at a gate designated for this purpose.
• Items needed for small children must be in a clear bag that meet the stated dimensions.
List of Prohibited Items:(Subject to change and vary per event)
• Bags or Backpacks larger than 12” x 12” x 6” – smaller bags must be clear/see through, with the exception of bags smaller than 4.5” x 6.5” (about the size of a hand)
• Weapons, Fireworks or Confetti of any kind
• Professional Cameras, Tablets or Computers
• Aerosol containers
• Noisemakers or other distracting devices
• Balls, Balloons, Frisbees, Sticks and similar items
• Audio or Video Recording Devices
• Outside Food and Beverage
• Containers, specifically including glass or plastic bottles, cans, coolers or flasks
• Laser Pens/Pointers
• Illegal Substances
• Animals, except trained service animals
• Signs, Flags and Banners of any kind (except for UVA Basketball)